Saturday, February 02, 2008

It's in the mail!

The "Advanced Uncorrected Proof" version of DH's Dad's autobiography is in the mail to DH's siblings (and one to you, too, Dad)! "Auto"biography really, as he recorded most of it while on car trips. Printed double-sided on 3-hole punched paper, it's notebook ready. See this post from last Jan. And this post with a garden bit from the stories.

You're next, Mom, so get ready for those questions from the pesky publisher! (...but maybe after the seed order is written.)

And for anyone who would like to start writing your own to share with your family, I'm happy to share sources of questions and short story subjects to help you get started.

3 comments:

Carol said...

Sounds like a very interesting project. I'd love to know more... maybe you should start a 2nd blog about writing your own life story?

Petunia's Gardener said...

Ahhh... Carol, you would suggest another blog about this. You probably can see I spent some time catching up with your Grandmother's diaries. I hadn't been visiting there for a while. A little window back in time. I love this kind of stuff. Same with the family stories. THis must be why I've latched on to the whole blog thing. Do you think someone will pull up our blogs in 100 years?

Libbys Blog said...

Sadly my husbands parents are both dead as is my dad, but my husband has had quite an exciting life having emigrated to 'Rhodesia' as was, whilst there he move once if not twice a year and has some fabulous stories to tell but they are all in his head and we really must get them down on paper!