Sunday, February 17, 2008

Bloom Day & Monthly Garden Photo


Thank goodness for Snowdrops, that's all I can say about February blooms! See Carol's May Dreams Gardens and her Feb. 15 post for other participants in bloom day, some with more luck.

Here is my February garden photo. Still not much different than January. As you can see, the shade was creeping in also. There are two special "things" captured in the photo, though. What do you think they are? Just for fun, go here to see the garden in Sept. 07.
Finally, I think somebody has been spending time in my cloche. In two corners, the mulch seem to be smushed and displaced. I am having trouble keeping the ends of the cloche covering shut. The wind pops them open easily. Even if they stayed shut, it would be easy for some critter to crawl in. May just be a cat napping in the warm space during the day or a dry space at night.

4 comments:

Carol said...

I wish I has some snowdrops. In my garden it is "thank goodness for one little crocus", or I'd have nothing outside right now.


I'm not sure what the two special things in your picture are, but I would be worried about rabbits getting under the cloche, where I assume you have some cool season veggies.


Thanks for joining us for bloom day again.

Carol, May Dreams Gardens

Matron said...

That's interesting about 'shade creeping' it is something I am plotting at the moment to see how much higher the sun is getting in the sky. I am making a chalk mark where the sun is at mid-day.. and watching it move. Roll on Spring!

ChrisJ said...

Beautiful photo of snowdrops. Daffodils, snowdrops and primroses are my favorite flowers. Really we hear so little about snowdrops. and they are so dainty and beautiful.

Curtis said...

Nice bloom day post. I love the snowdrop's delicate flowers.