Saturday, December 29, 2007

Petunia's Present

Let us be grateful to people who make us happy;
they are the charming gardeners
who make our souls blossom.
~Marcel Proust
Check out this sweet present that arrived on our doorstep for Petunia! All ready to slip in photos and make a nice coffee table book of Petunia's Garden. Thanks, Red! I love it!


There are many pages ready for photos with fun garden trimmings.

Composter cans, sunflowers, vegetables,



and the little critters we so enjoy in the garden.






Pumpkins, of course, leaves, gourds, flowers.

Creative border designs for the different seasons.



Spaces for plot plans, harvest records.

And an offer to drop hints when more pages are needed!




And a nice cover with Petunia on it already! Here is Red's garden last June. We go back to first grade (not THAT many years ago) and I always enjoy catching up with her family through her scrapbooks when I visit. She knew I'd never get around to creating the garden album I talked about, so she took care of it for Petunia and me!

Now I'll have some garden in the living room all year around.

2 comments:

Matron said...

What a great idea! I love the thought of having a reminder of all the lovely produce through the year - in your living room. Especially this time of year when you can look back. Happy New Year!

Christa said...

What a beautiful gift and a nice keepsake. Happy New Year!