Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Flocked Filbert

The snow is gone, but I'm hanging on to it just a little longer. This contorted filbert outside my dining room window caught my attention late Satureday afternoon. The tree is too close to the house and too large for its space, but it is an interesting view out the window in the winter (even without snow). Here is a wider view.

I hope the cuttings I took earlier this year are rooting because someday, this tree may need to be removed. However, I always give it just one more winter.

5 comments:

Matron said...

That is so beautiful! And you didn't even have to go outside to take the picture, did you?

No Rain said...

These are very fascinating photos. I really enjoyed looking at them.
Aiyana

Petunia's Gardener said...

Well, Matron, I did go out. But as it was so close, I didn't put on a coat and was freezing by the time I came back in.

Aiyana, we don't have snow that often really, so everything seems to look more interesting in it. Now rain, that we have plenty of!

Petunia's Gardener said...

Well, Matron, I did go out. But as it was so close, I didn't put on a coat and was freezing by the time I came back in.

Aiyana, we don't have snow that often really, so everything seems to look more interesting in it. Now rain, that we have plenty of!

mightymatt1313 said...

Beautiful snow pictures!