Saturday, December 22, 2007

Christmas Garden

During these days when it dark when I leave and dark when I come home, I turn to the garden inside of the house. Like the garden outside, the most treasured bits are those that are connected to friends and family.

This Santa has been in my Christmases for as along as I can remember. It was crocheted by my grandmother and fitted over a whisky bottle or something similar. As you can see, it is made up of separate parts. As a child, you know I loved these movable parts. How many kitties slightly tolerated a Santa hat for a few moments?

From last December postings you can see other treasures: From Sis, the angel and the reindeer.

2 comments:

Katie said...

I love the old Christmas items I have that remind me of my childhood and the wonderful Christmases we had.

But the whiskey-covering crocheted Santa is awesome!

Katie at GardenPunks

Frankie @ Veg Plot said...

How fab!