Thursday, November 15, 2007

What's Blooming?

Just outside my back door is this beauty. Chocolate Lenzites, I think. It is growing in a split in the landscape timber holding the walkway stones in place. At other times, I've noticed some sort of growth here, but haven't noticed it looking so interesting before. It must be its favorite time of the year (wet, but not too cold).

See other NW beauties here: Blooming Lichen, Small Spaces I and Small Spaces II.

To see some real blooms around the world, visit Carol and her May Dreams Gardens Bloom Day post. See the comments to the post for all the other bloggers with blooms to share.

1 comment:

ChrisJ said...

This takes me back to my last year in high school. Long ago!! I studied Natural History and we started out the course with fungi. That's a beauty.