Sunday, November 18, 2007

This Just In...

Not bad for November 18th. Surely there are some stay-healthy vitamins in there. New crops of parsley are popping up throughout the garden, too. Some of this lettuce and chard came from the covered wagon cloche, some from out in the open.

I think it is Red Sails leaf lettuce that has been a star this summer and now. It doesn't get the bitter flavor some do. In the green, is Valmaine, I think. I've mixed together assorted seed mixes so it is a little of a guessing game. I think I'll try specific varieties next year. There are some beets in there too.

It has been an exciting garden blogger day, today! Stay tuned and you'll find out why.

4 comments:

Frankie @ Veg Plot said...

Oooh, they look delicious. We had a frosty week and snow yesterday which has killed off a lot of mine.

I'm staying tuned!!

Connie said...

Great looking greens...I'll be right over with the viniagrette! :-)

Tony said...

PB: I finally made it to your blog many days after our group dinner discussing fruits, veggies martinis and souffles. My roses are done for the season, but I still have some marigold blooms. I harvested the last of the fall green tomatoes and fired them in cornmeal last weekend. Delicious! Tony Ehler

Petunia's Gardener said...

Frankie & Connie, we'll see how long these can go. Even the the cloche gives them a little protection, I just don't think they get the sun hours they like.

Hi Tony! Look at you, a Blogger name and everything. I see a blog in your future! Thanks for visiting. Hope you visit some of the archives and see the better months of the garden year. I've planned to send you one of my garden photo cards to tell you how that was a most impressive dinner & evening. I actually was just telling someone about it last night. Don't hold your breath, but maybe I'll still get you a Petunia's Garden card.