Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Onion Surprises

Last spring, I had some sprouting onion starts not yet in the ground. I tucked them in among the small tomatoes and forgot about them as the tomatoes took over. During the tomato row clean up this fall, I displaces some of the onion bulbs and just thought I'd try again another year.

Now I see onions sprouting throughout the garden (I forgot some of the places I stashed them)! I'll see how they do over the winter rather than my too late planting in the spring. They don't seem mind the frosty nights at all.

4 comments:

Libbys Blog said...

Why have I not been over to visit for such a long time?????
I have no idea? I think I lost you! But now we have found one another again I shall add you as a link and make sure your dont disappear into bloginfinity!

Petunia's Gardener said...

Hi Libby,
Glad you visited and hope you are feeling better. You can look back through the sunnier days of postings because we'll be having the winter gray days for a while now.

Magic Cochin said...

Hi - I'm tagging you to list your eight happy thoughts! please visit my blog for the rules http://purplepoddedpeas.blogspot.com/2007/11/eight-happy-thoughts-meme.html

but don't feel pressured to take part - your blog is a treasure-trove of happy thoughts already!

Celia
x

A wildlife gardener said...

Our onions seem to not mind the frosts either which I'm always amazed at.