Saturday, November 03, 2007

A Marigold Surprise

This marigold was done in by the recent frosts (photo from August). As I came across it today, I remembered I hadn't posted it yet. This is from seeds from her marigold, French Vanilla, Anita so generously sent me after I won her Easter drawing. Now I often have marigolds self seeding in the garden. I wonder if this one is a hybrid variety and in its second year, it has returned as one of its parents?

Don't get me wrong, it was a lovely plant. Just a little different than expected, I think! Anita, I thought you might enjoy seeing what it did in my garden. You know how I like garden surprises!

Meanwhile, the calandula you gave me still has some blooms!

1 comment:

Connie said...

Wow...very interesting looking marigold! I like the pale yellow color.