Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Smell the Pie?

No, I haven't been able to cut it yet. A little time to age will make it all the better. This is one of the Rouge vif d'Etampes pumpkins. Six have been harvested (some shared around already) and others are still on the vine working on their rougeness. It will be interesting to see the amount of pumpkin that comes from it. It's quite heavy as DH pointed out for every second it took for the photo.

My neighbor gave me seeds and Anita sent me seeds from her Easter drawing. Both are growing but I cannot tell them apart any more. Quite different than my Snackjack harvest last year (I only have 2 of them this year and they are still green). Click on the "pumpkin" label below to see more pumpkin postings. This RvdE has grown quite happily for us this year. I hope it cooks nicely, too, so I can keep growing it.

6 comments:

Nicole said...

Really lovely and photogenic pumpkin! Never been able to grow any, the bugs get to the vines.

Janice said...

That is one beautiful pumpkin! I love the dark color! Good job!

Matron said...

Absolutely lovely! I just love the Autumn (you call it Fall). What a spectacular pumpkin. By the way, I am travelling over to Tacoma WA in a few weeks to spend time in your beautiful State. I am looking forward to buying some pumpkin pie spice to bring back home!

Matron said...

Petunia, your pumpkin inspired me! Would you like to contribute to my squashblog? come have a look!

Anita said...

Oh my good, I don't know what to say, your pumpkin is such a beauty!!!! Congratulations!

I posted my 2007 pumpkin harvest, too but to be honest, I am not at all satisfied with my this year's crop. They are all so very little and did not at all produce many fruits!

Have a great week-end and happy gardening!

Anita

Connie said...

That is one beautiful pumpkin! Nice job on growing it.