Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Place Your Seed Orders

Thanks to my Dear Sis-in-Law, I have a new seed source! Many unusual and new (for 1890) varieties. And many I've never heard of before.
My pumpkins won't make it to 150 pounds, and I do expect their real value to be in the pie!
But don't these Cocoanut/Coconut Squash seem like just the thing for manageable squash meals? Every heard of them? I did a little searching and didn't find a current version of this variety.

Thanks, Sis, for sending this! It will be fun comparing varieties. Love the drawings and descriptions too. I'd post more flowers for you but without the cosmos this year, the bouquets are just not the same.

4 comments:

Nicole said...

How cool! Love these "time capsules"

Petunia's Gardener said...

Nicole,
Thanks for visiting! The tool page was interesting also. I should add some photos of the tools. When it comes down to it, though, the basics of gardening have changed very little in all of these years!

mrsnesbitt said...

WOW!

Awestruck here.
Dx

Connie said...

Love those nostalgic old black and white drawings! It takes a real artist to create those.