Saturday, July 28, 2007

Repurposing

The anise hyssop was taking over the young zucchini so I trimmed it back. This baby gate will work better as a drying rack than it did when we tried to use it with little Nikko, the cat.

When Nikko came to live with us, she was a tiny thing. We were sure she would get lost in the house or get upstairs and not find her way back down. We put this gate up to keep her in just a portion of the house. Came down stairs the next morning to find her sitting on the "free" side of the gate. She's a good kitty, though. She promptly jumped back to her confinement area. We took to the gate down.

Now it serves to "claim" another portion of the barn. DH still has notions that part of it is his space. We will see...

3 comments:

RUTH said...

Great recycling. I keep an old babygate to use for when Max the dog comes to stay.

Kylee said...

Great use of that! We have one just like it but I never thought of using it in this way.

Blackswamp_Girl said...

What a great use for an old babygate! I have one that my dog promptly learned how to jump over, too... now I know just what to do with it. :)