Sunday, June 03, 2007

Fledgling Sprouts

A quick shot in the dark light of a pending thunderstorm, following a week of hot weather. It was thundering while I planted the cucumbers and squash, the last of my seedlings to go in the ground. Still no rain yet, but we're ready!

DH made it home tonight with salmon he caught yesterday. A salad from the garden including the first of the peas and broccoli, with a little spinach and chard along with the lettuce. Now that was a nice meal, just in time to send me off on a trip in the early morning. I do hope to make it to the internet while traveling, maybe even with some guest gardens. If not, I'll have material for later posts!

I was sure I would see Petunia this weekend. She might have been there, but I didn't see her. One of the snake crew did leave their old coat in the pumpkin patch yesterday. In between my laying down the coffee bags in the morning and planting pumpkin seedlings in the evening, one of them found the coffee bags to be a nice place to trade last year's fashion for something new.

7 comments:

RUTH said...

I bet that Salmon was delicious..my Dad used to fish and it was far tastier than anything from the fishmongers. hope your trip goes well.

meresy_g said...

What a great sounding meal! I love being able to eat from the yard. And the coffee bag thing is a great idea!

A wildlife gardener said...

My dad used to fish for salmon too. I still remember the wonderful taste of his fresh fish.

Come on a visit to read about Chris Beardshaw's Chelsea garden...or look at photos of our ponds at Barleycorn on my photo blog:)

Allotment Lady said...

I loved it when my sons snakes shed their skin - their new coats were so shiny and new.

Fantastic meal - and with the rain all your seedlings will romp away

Libbys Blog said...

Its ages since I've had fresh salmon! mmmmmmmmm

I like the coffee bags, could do with some of them over here!!!!

~ Janice ~ said...

Isn't it so satisfying to have a meal that you have completely provided? We recently enjoyed a fresh trout dinner. There's nothing like it!

Connie said...

Your garden is lovely and the lighting in your photo is awesome, as it often is before a storm. I came here from Garden Voices and have enjoyed the browse. I like your simple photo rich posts! That is my blog style also.