Monday, May 07, 2007

Shucks! Missed it again!

Ahh, sorry Becky! I missed World Naked Gardening Day! Sunday was going to be a bit too cool for a make-up day, so here I am on Pajama Gardening Day (the day after WNGD), in fleece PJs and robe. Actually, I'm weeding. After heating water for coffee or tea, I go "water" any weeds creeping up between these pavers by the patio. Today, this weed was nothing but a dry brown leaf that crumbled when I rubbed it with my foot. I have to admit, though, I don't limit PJ Gardening/Weeding to one day a year. It is a very productive way to start off the morning out in the fresh air and birdsong.

8 comments:

Libbys Blog said...

Excellent way to weed amongst the slabs! I shall definately give that a go!

RUTH said...

I can often be found in my PJs in the garden; we have a few days of long awaited rain forecast though so I think it may be macintosh and galoshes this week!

Leonie said...

What a brilliant way to weed! I'm going to try that, I have some weeds lurking by the driveway again so I'll give them the boiling water treatment.

Mark said...

Hi Petunia,
Pyjama gardening is definately safer than naked gardening, just think of the secateurs!!!

Cheers Mark

A wildlife gardener said...

Is it boiling water that kills them?

Chris said...

Ha! I had never thought of pouring hot water on the weeds in paving. Great idea! Thanks!

Allotment Lady said...

I thought you were killing ants

Wonderful photos and May is such a magical month,especially as we have rain!

Petunia's Gardener said...

Thanks for supporting PJ day, everyone! Yes, boiling water will definitely discourage them. The dandelions might come back up but after a while even they give up. If I do it once a week or every 2 weeks, I can keep the walkway weeded and no chemicals on cat or people feet to tracked into the house.