Sunday, May 13, 2007

Grow Tomatoes Grow

Hey, that's me growing in the garden! I'd like to see Petunia soon, though. There are 5 tomatoes planted out under several of these little protective A-frames (and I'm wearing protective fleece). My neighbor gave me plants from an heirloom mix she seeded so I'm hoping for some colorful tomatoes. I tried to capture the two under this frame and captured me too.
This A-frame has 2 more tomatoes, plus 4 younger Sungold tomatoes just getting used to the outside world. These 4 are from the March 24 seedings. The planted tomato in the bottom left corner is one of the tricky tomatoes from the March 3 seedings. All of the Sungolds had nice strong stalks. The one in the ground was planted deep so he looks rather short. The anise hyssop with them will be planted as soon.
Later this week, I'll have updates on the main garden. Today, I did get the sunflower bed (left side, above) and the pumpkin patch (right side) prepared. I planned to plant sunflowers today, but decided another day or two wait won't hurt.

And now it's time for some of DH's warm birthday brownies! The tomatoes will get their treats later this week as it is supposed to warm up alittle.

7 comments:

Libbys Blog said...

Oh to have all that space!!!

RUTH said...

I second Libby! Looking forward to seeing how the heirloom mix tomatoes fruit. I like sungold myself and have grown that in the past. Birthday Brownies??....is a Happy Birthday in order.

Yolanda Elizabet said...

Hey that was you, well sort of. ;-) Like you I'm curious to see what colour tomatoes you will end up with and how they taste of course. ;-)

Some of my tomatoes are in flower already in the greenhouse. Mmmmmm, tomatoes from your own garden. There's nothing better, is there?

Leonie said...

Lovely to have all that space, I can imagine your pumpkins romping away over that bed. Love the photo of your reflection, very clever!

Frankie @ Veg Plot said...

Your tomatoes are well ahead of mine - well done!

Molly said...

I just saw Petunia's cousin (twice removed) in my garden last week. Or rather, when I first saw her she was dangling from my cat's mouth. I rescued her, unscathed except for her dignity (cat just likes to carry snakes around with him, not kill them), and released her into a gopher hole. She and Petunia might be having tea together, talking over the adventure.

Becky said...

I love your reflection in the garden frame! Quite creative!