Friday, April 20, 2007

Leaves go in and rocks come out

I wasn't around while Dear Husband rototilled the herb garden expansion last weekend. Later, I asked him how the soil tilled. Not bad, but a little rocky, he said. I asked what he did with the rocks. Don't worry, he said. You won't miss them.....

The bottom rock has been in the herb bed, but the top rock I just saw tonight.
Last fall, loads of leaves were dumped in the area to be tilled. I hope the worms enjoy the leaf salad mulch now tilled under. They should make a better meal than the rocks.
PS for my records, we had quite the frost last night. I'm encouraged by finally hearing another hummingbird, other than the one that camped out in the barn some weeks ago.

8 comments:

Libbys Blog said...

Thats some rock!! Did it damage the rotavator!

talj said...

My, that is quite a rock! Was expecting a few large stones! Hope you have a nice weekend :o)

Sheila said...

Gosh, that was my first thought. I hope it was spotted before the rotovator hit it..!

Petunia's Gardener said...

Thanks for your concern and you probably it the mark. Later, in another area, it started behaving oddly. DH has to go check it out today. Of course, it is a borrowed one!

mrsnesbitt said...

Our house was built in 1956 (damn good year!! LOL) previously the plot was the village green/orchard. A stone cottage was built in 1700's so we have some amazing stones around the garden. All with stories to tell!

Angie said...

I love the stacked rocks. It has some meaning of serenity in Japan I believe. Now that you've done one stack-you'll want to do another. It is addicting I tell you!

Hillside Garden said...

Hi Petunia, you asked me, how I take car for the teak group in my garden: We clean them with a brush and some soapwater - thats all!

But it is a lot of work, we live at the woodland side and the teak is black in spring!

Sigrun

A wildlife gardener said...

The stacked rocks look very sculptural...bit of an artist, your Hubbie. Glad there were no mishaps.