Thursday, April 05, 2007

How warm?

Just a quick note tonight. If you stop by on Friday, note the temperature (to the right) and post it in a comment. It's going to be an usually warm one, and I'll be inside, so you can help me re-live it later. Saturday should be a nice gardening day too.

In the winter sowing experiment on March 24, I'm seeing little lettuce, spinach and broccoli when I peek in through the top. The inside seedlings in that same post have sprouted tomatoes, basil, spicy globe basil, and anise hyssop.

In the garage, the lettuce and peas are growing roots out the bottom of the pots so they can walk themselves to the garden.

In the garden, I'm seeing volunteer borage seedlings throughout. There may be also some bachelor button seedlings.

Oh, yes. After a few cold and quiet nights, frog and friends are singing again.

10 comments:

dot said...

54 degrees. It was 40 here. Unusually cool and dropping to the 20's Easter Sunday.

Petunia's Gardener said...

63 degrees already 8:49 am. Looks like a record may be coming.

talj said...

No way of telling the temperature here I'm afraid :o( Hope you have a lovely Easter Weekend {{HUGS}}

Green thumb said...

24 degree celsius! O my how I envy you, not because you are enjoying the warmth but because of the cool and comfort compared to the 36 degree celsius I have here.

Anita said...

71 °F /22 °C at 11:39 your time! Wow! Sounds great!

Our Easter week-end is supposed to be a nice and sunny one, too!

Carol said...

I stopped by and it is 76 in your garden. I checked my blog and it is 34. NO FAIR, NO FAIR! Oh, well, at least now I know what I need to wear as I got out to mow the grass in a bit.

Have a great weekend. Happy Easter!

Frankie @ Veg Plot said...

Yes! It is actually sunny in England at Easter and the bats were flying down the lane this evening.

Yolanda Elizabet said...

Well, it was not bad here today either, around 18 degrees C. For the weekend they are predicting around 20 degrees so very nice and warm for this time of year. In my conservatory it was 32 degrees so almost as warm as where Green Thumb lives. ;-)All my cats loved it!

Naturegirl said...

How nice to read this as I freeze in my garden with the latest snow fall! Mother nature is giving us a belated April Fools trick!
Happy Easter! hugs NG

Petunia's Gardener said...

Thanks everyone! It is 10pm now and 60 degrees. Yes, indeed it set a record. And it will have been warmer than many of our summer days. We'll be getting back to normal this weekend. Nice break though. 70's, we'll see you again in July or August!
Happy Easter!