Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Garden Depth

All of the bunnies hopping around the blogs lately made me think of this one. She greets you by our front door and is currently in the company of bleeding hearts. This bunny was given to my parents by a neighbor when I was born. The neighbor sold garden statuary items. No, she's not an antique yet! She is one of the things I remember always being around in my childhood room. My garden is like my house. Many of the things & plants in it are more than what they might first appear to be. I'll bet your garden is like this too.

8 comments:

talj said...

What a lovely little fella this bunny is! :o) I wish things in my new 'garden' were more than they seemed but everything is brand new! I hope to 'inherit' some plants from Ruth soon though and they will be extra special :o)

Yolanda Elizabet said...

How lovely that you've still got this bunny. It's such a lovely chldhood memory, isn't it?

Sheila said...

He's lovely.
Memories give value to the simplest things..xx

A wildlife gardener said...

My first rabbit was rescued from a dustbin. I discovered him at Easter.... and so, named him Easter. He was fed a miniscule amount of brandy and milk from my dolly's bottle, as he was so young. But we nursed him back to health and he lived a happy life in his hutch and rabbit-run and ate and drank from the same bowl as my pussy-cat. They were good friends.

RUTH said...

Ours definitely is. So many plants and ornaments have stories of their own.

Carol said...

I love to see special things like that in a garden. It makes it all that much more special.

Anita said...

Good morning Paula!

Come quickly over to my blog please, there's a surprise waiting just for you!

XOX,
Anita

Allotment Lady said...

How nice to have a keepsake- and a permanent reminder of your childhood.