Monday, April 16, 2007

April 15th Garden

Here is a different view of the garden (from SE corner rather than my usual SW corner). It's finally looking a little different than the prior months. See March 15 here, and then there are links there to the January & February. Here is April 2006 and Jan-May 2005 summary post! Our neighbors had a sighting of Petunia's cousin yesterday! I do hope Petunia finds her way home.
Above, from the north end looking south. The light tan/green areas are 4 beds from prior years. This end of tilled space will be 2 or 2.5 new beds. The tilled area in front of the chairs will be the expanded herb, etc. area. I don't mind the grass around the outside, but I don't want it between the beds.

Behind the chairs is another fenced area (former small pasture) where the sunflowers and pumpkins grew last year (& this year). Yesterday, I planted sweet peas along the fence line in that area.

5 comments:

Sheila said...

Looking back at the older pictures, it is obvious there is a huge diffeence.
The soil looks good..!

Yolanda Elizabet said...

This looks very nice. The earth looks good too, lose instead of concrete like. What are you going to grow?

RUTH said...

You must tell us what Petunia's cousins name is! I bet you have named her/him.

Libbys Blog said...

You have been busy!! Its so easy to spend hours outside when the weathers good!! I always do far to much and end up with a bad back!!!!!

Anita said...

Oh, I can't stop looking at your old window framed in your garden! This is a fantatic idea and I wish I could finde such old windows over here, too (at a fair price).

Unfortunately, I have been quite busy during the past few days. I'll bring your seeds to the post office on Saturday at the latest so you should get them at the beginning of May, okay?

Have a great week-end!

XOX, Anita