Thursday, March 29, 2007

Cloaking Catnip

I've noticed little catnip leaves working their way out of the ground. I'm not the only one that noticed... evidence says a certain gray shedding furball has also noticed. In order to give the catnip a fair chance of growing large enough to handle the kitty visitors, it's been cloaked!Ms. Emily, having a good roll last summer. The poor plant was pretty pathetic looking by the end of the summer. That's why I'm so happy to see the new leaves this year. Has anyone tried catnip tea?

8 comments:

RUTH said...

Never tried the tea. I love your bell cloche.

talj said...

I'm new to all this so I've never tried anything!! I like the bell cloche too...they look cool :o)

Yolanda Elizabet said...

The cloche is very pretty and handy to protect plants from the cold, slugs and in case they are catnip, from cats. Mine love the catnip too but it has survived all the attentions from my cats so far. :-)

Rebecca said...

I have tried catnip tea years ago. It's nice. I didn't get giddy though. hehehehe

Carol said...

I've never had catnip tea. I have some catnip, but so far, the neighborhood cats have left it alone.

Libbys Blog said...

I haven't grown cat nip for years, what a mean cat owner am I. Something to add to the list!!!

Petunia's Gardener said...

The cloch is still holding up so there should be enough catnip for me and the cats!

Ziggywigs said...

I have to cover my catnip too with a basket otherwise the poor plant is eaten and rolled in by my cats. It's a lovely plant but as you say needs to be a good size to cope with all the pounding it gets.

Great blog will be back. Happy Easter.