Sunday, February 18, 2007

Seed Order in the Works

Ok, so much for getting everything else under control before ordering seeds! I'm placing my order tonight (yes, that means regardless of the state of control or no control). Some of the projects I wanted to get done pre-seed starting season have progressed, some have not. As mentioned, I had hoped to shop (carelessly) for seeds at the NW Garden Show. The seed companies weren't there and it is probably just as well. I've now reviewed what I had left from last year and what I want to order (except there are still many "maybes").

Another lovely chalkboard drawing on the Territorial Seed spring catalog. There are a few things that TS doesn't carry, but I hate to do an order for only a packet or two from other company so I'll go with the NW regional offerings in it. (But I have ordered a catalog from other recommended company to peruse - a downfall to come I'm sure.) The list will be posted soon.

8 comments:

RUTH said...

I love browsing through seed catalogues....they are my "wish" books.

Molly said...

Oh, catkins are most definitely flowers! It never occurred to me to take a closer look at the moss. That's a great photo.
RYC: I have loads of willow cuttings right now, both of the black pussywillow and Nishiki willow, if you and/or your neighbor would like some.

Scarecrow said...

Looks like a great catalogue! What fun. :)

Libbys Blog said...

I thought I had bought all my seeds, but oh! dear! I seemed to have forgotten some!!!!!!!

wendy said...

What a great cover for a seed catalogue! ours are not so pretty!!

allotment lady said...

What a wonderful looking catalogue - have fun ordering.

Wildflower Cabin said...

I have not heard of this seed company before. I'll have to look it up. I love the cover! Have fun seed-ordering!

Petunia's Gardener said...

I knew you all would understand the excitement and appreciate the lovely cover. They're ordered, but I'm not sharing the list until they arrive!

Molly, thanks for the offer! I'd love some. I'll e-mail you.