Sunday, February 11, 2007

Herbal Affairs

Chives on February 10, 2007. They stand out in the herb bed like legs on the first nice day of summer. Just like gardeners conned into wearing shorts by a sunny day, the chives may soon find out that it might not yet be shorts temperature.


Oregano


Self- seeded parsley
Lemon balm


But the rosemary did not like the snow and ice.





No sign yet of mint, catmint, bee balm or catnip (although Emily was all over the spot where it grows looking for it).

6 comments:

RUTH said...

poor Rosemary...it's looking very sad. Good to see the other hebs coming through well.

Libbys Blog said...

Rosemary does not like the wind!!! But don't the chives look so lovely and fresh!!

Allotment Lady said...

Rosemary is so sad looking but she might perk up and you can take cuttings.

My herbs have been out all winter - except for the chives.

Lovely photos

Sheila said...

Nice to see some greenery after the snow. I can assure you that no matter what else does or doesn't survive, the mint will be back. It is a very determined plant..LOL

meresy_g said...

They look like photos of what my kitchen garden will look like in about a month and a half, maybe two. I love the chives comment. They do remind you of shockingly white legs.

Anita said...

Oh, I did not yet tell you who pretty your poppy shells are!

And how nice to have a "herbal affaire"... I'll have a day off on Friday and I hope I will be able to take some photos at my garden, including the herb border!