Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Blossom (the Travel Bug) Update

I cannot photograph the critter hooting outside tonight so here is a critter from the summer garden. This Tiger Swallowtail was looking like (s)he'd had a late night and and was hanging out in the cosmos soaking up some sun.

Remember Blossom, my geocaching travel bug? See her release, more about geocaching and travel bugs in this post. Apparently, releasing a garden seeking travel bug at the end of the traditional garden season isn't a good idea. (Any type of garden, natural or tended will do, though.) She has finally moved a little and is in Utah. I hope she doesn't get lost before spring. I'd love to see some pictures of her travels, but none have been posted yet. Here is the link to track her travels. If you see her, please give her a tour of your garden (and post photos!).

5 comments:

RUTH said...

This is a fantastic photo. I've only seen this at a Butterfly Farm over here.

Libbys Blog said...

Wow! that is one beautiful butterfly!

vintagechica said...

Wonderful photo! Amazing. We are still waiting for the snow and ice to thaw, so your butterfly made me smile.

Leonie said...

That is a fab photo! I love cosmos, it's so pretty.

Marc said...

Marvelous Butterfly photo! I can't wait to see them fluttering about the garden again!