Saturday, February 17, 2007

Bloom Day February

Carol, May Dreams Gardens, encouraged bloggers to post a list of what they have blooming on (or around) the 15th of each month. See her Bloom Day post and all of the comments with links to the posts of others.
It was only after I saw the photo that I realized there were tiny red blooms (see right side of photo above, or click on it to enlarge) to go with the catkins on this Contorted Filbert. (I was going to ask if the catkins qualified as blooms). Corylus avellanaContorta’, aka Harry Lauder's Walking Stick.
I have Snowdrops! Others have been posting pictures of them, and I thought I should add some. Just happened to see these in a rough border under the cherry trees.
Is this moss in bloom?

The Heath and/or Heather is blooming in lavender and white. They really are a nice touch this time of year. I just didn't manage to get a photo today. I'm seeing lots of leaf and flower buds out there. A few more nice days and something will break loose.

6 comments:

Libbys Blog said...

I particuarly like the moss picture! You can get so many types of moss!

RUTH said...

Lovely photos. The moss photo is really interesting.

Carol said...

Thanks for particating in Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day. I also like the picture of the moss. Sometimes the smallest things in the garden interest us the most...

Yolanda Elizabet said...

Love the catkins. There is beauty in even the smallest things. Snowdrops very pretty, they always are. I have yet to meet a snowdrop I didn't like. :-)

Nola said...

Oh, catkins are most definitely flowers! It never occurred to me to take a closer look at the moss. That's a great photo.

allotment lady said...

Oh what wonderful photos of blooms - stunning