Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Meet Maria

Here comes the wet nose just before she plants a kiss! And here is Maria looking for some of the blog love summer Emily, winter Emily and Nikko received. Maria does not like to miss out on anything and, indeed, she was helping me do something with the camera that day.

Maria came with her name from a kitty foster family as she purrs loudly, meows and has all sorts of funny little vocalizations. She was named for Maria von Trapp, the singer. She is now laying in my lap, purring, as she often does when I'm at the computer, or the table, or the sofa...

Emily is the only one that goes outside (an outdoors cat that likes to come in sometimes). Maria, though, can find a cut flower anywhere you think you've hidden it. Depending on what it is, she may then decide to eat it. So a little care & putting away can be required.
I just happened to run across this photo of a younger Maria in 2002 and some of our garden at the former house.

March 2006 kitties here. Surviving the heat here.

9 comments:

RUTH said...

What a brilliant close up...give her a stroke from me.

Allotment Lady said...

So kissable - love all your posts

mrsnesbitt said...

Oh I just love these close-ups!

Helpmate said...

Love the nose! The photo made me laugh out loud!!

Libbys Blog said...

Another cat lover excellent!!! They do like to help don't they!! Your cats are beautiful!!

Frankie @ Veg Plot said...

That is just what a cat looks like when it wants you to hurry up, wake up and feed it!

Sheila said...

She appears to be an affectionate miss..!
We had a chatty cat, she always answered when we spoke to her, and knew her name. Maria is lovely.

Petunia's Gardener said...

Maria thanks you for all the attention and she's given me a few minutes break. She is a one person cat, which ever one of us is around, that is.

clodhopper said...

NOOOOO....I could never kiss a cat, not in a million years; not for a million dollars....I'd just die! Dogs though.....