Monday, January 01, 2007

Good Morning 2007!

My photo for the day:
May the New Year EVERY day
Surpass the OLD year every WAY
And may your pleasures MULTIPLY
As EVERY day goes passing by!

Our creative Allotment Lady has put out the challenge to post a photo every day. Fortunately, I'm probably one of the latest time zones of the posters as I know it will be a challenge for me to keep it up. I'll be adding links to the other blogs later.

This card is from the 1940's or early 50's sent to my Grandparents. "Jan. 1st" is printed in that suede texture stuff. Looking at this card, I can just hear the bells tolling in A.L. village last night. I love the Hogmanay (New Year) custom called first footing she describes.

From earlier this morning: We happily celebrated the old and new year with friends & neighbors. I use Scrabble pieces for a little changeable sign in my kitchen and above you can see what I found afterward.

It was a good thing Emily didn't have to travel far last night:

3 comments:

Allotment Lady said...

Fantastic - and I am glad you are the latest posting - gives me something to look forward too, when I read it just before bed time.

We are going to have so much fun this year.

Anonymous said...

Neat idea with the scrabble letters!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year from Down Under!!!
I've joined Lotties group too and I hope you don't mind me adding your site to my links.
I think I'm just about first in the time sequence thing although I have noticed some UK people (I won't mention any names) are logging on just after midnight. Maybe I should try that too! He He