Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Garden with a View

As I was working on the DP's stories tonight (see here and here), I thought I would post a photo from their garden. Apparently, I didn't take one in August when we were there. We did visit DH's brother's new AZ garden and what a nice spot (treasures from him, here and here)! I think it is a higher elevation, with more sun, more heat, more cold and more sun than we have.
And in this spot, maybe more wind. He says the pallets are to help give the plants some protection. The gourds seem happy with the arrangement.
And the pallets allow for walking among the vines.
Brother cannot visit every day, so he leaves the gardener in residence in charge. Remembering this visit warms me up. I wonder if the garden is under snow now?

5 comments:

Libbys Blog said...

Blimey! This looks like its in the middle of nowhere!!

RUTH said...

Fantastic view and I love the photo of the lizard? at the end.

Lee-ann said...

How wonderful these photo are. I could just walk on and on in the top photo until I reached the hills in the background just lovely.

Your family are very lucky to have such a special garden.

Very nice to visit today.
Lee-ann

Sheila said...

What a view, I can imagine those mountains topped with snow. Quite a contrast between that and the lizard basking in the sun.

Helpmate said...

Interesting landscape. Isn't it amazing how resourceful gardners can be? Looks at though he's very successful with his solutions. Has he also named is gardner-in-residence?