Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Dreaming of seeds, but facing reality

Yes, it's the recycling bin! All of the follow up stories I have to share (FISH, gingerbread, seeds) and photos taken recently, and I post the recycling bin. I see now, though, that you can see the New Year's fireworks at the Space Needle in Seattle too.

I'm very happy (& it was very much needed) that we've been able to fill this large bin (almost up to my waist) in the past 2 weeks. The piles of paper in our office / project / craft room are off the floor. Many things have found their home or have moved to the recycle bin. Not that we're done, but it's a good start.

So if you visit me, be sure to ask to see the office (usually behind the shut door). If it is a mess, well, I'll learn my lesson and it will be better the next time you are here. Or, if it's not bad, then I'll be happy to know we have made some progress.

See, I needed to get this done in order to do some of the more fun projects I want to do, including garden planning and seed ordering. But, even before then, I have a special project I need to complete in January. I'll tell you more about it later this week.

And if you want to see why I spent a day off in the house, check out the photos from this new NW blog: Homesteading in the NW.

9 comments:

Lee-ann said...

what a great amount of paper to be useful and wnjoyed by many worms! :o) in your garden.

I am still sitting here with a smile on my face from the wonderful photo of emily!!! what a classic as they say.

Will visit you often in this new year as I enjoy reading your
blog.

"happy new year"
Lee-ann

Allotment Lady said...

I have been doing just the same - and also hankering after making my seed list and placing my orders.

meresy_g said...

That is what I should have done with my days off. And I really need to get to making my seed lists and planning the 07 garden.

mrsnesbitt said...

Very interesting picture.
Lots of ideas too!

Denise

Libbys Blog said...

If only my recycle bin was so big!!!

Blue the Spa Girl said...

That is a rather large bin. I could use one of those! In the spa here, we go through a lot of recycling.
Never enough bins! We revert to bags and then hope for the best once it hits the curb.
x Happy New Year o

Sheila said...

Doesn't this tell you how much of what we buy is overpackaged.
We recycle almost everything here now and it is picked up at the curb. Cans, bottles, plastics, paper,cardboard and food scraps [for those who don't compost.]
It makes garbage day quite an adventure, remembering what goes out & when...!

Petunia's Gardener said...

Ohhh-that's true, Lee-Ann, I should put it in the garden. Too muddy to get out there, though. I'll have a fresh batch of paper by then. Emily is a case - I was explaining to guests how she has endeared herself to us inspite of the attitude & temper she brought with her. She wondered into our lives almost 2 years ago.

Recyling in our area became much more simple when it became comingled-no sorting (for paper, glass, cans & plastic). All goes in this bin - but most of mine is paper. This is even after going on the "do not send me junk mail" list. Thanks everyone for visiting my exciting (for me)recycling day post.

Thanks for visiting even

Scarecrow said...

Looks like all you North Worlders are getting lots of rain.
Even Down Under its trying to rain, there's more on the way I hope!
But that just means I'll be out in the garden tomorrow!!