Tuesday, December 26, 2006

We've Been Fished!

We returned home last night to find some additional lights on our outside Christmas tree.A nice string of fish have mysteriously appeared! Hmmmm...
We've had quite a time with this tree. First, the serious challenge of getting lights to the top of it (really, honey, they don't have to go ALL the way to top). Then the lights went out and it was only on Saturday DH discovered the cut wires (creatures or clippers, we cannot imagine?). New lights in place and now it's catching fish! So how to find out who has a fish story to tell...?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That would freak me out. But then I am paranoid as it is. Hoepfully it is the beginning of a neighborhood prank/tradition to pass the fish along every year. They are cute lights though. Hope you had a great holiday.

Anita said...

First of all, I hope you had a great Christmas and are ready for boarding into 2007.
Did you figure out who put the fish string into your tree? ;-))

Allotment Lady said...

I think the fish are great - and it would please rather than worry me

Maybe the prank was to damage the origingal lights and the fish are to make amends.

Jackie said...

That is really cute! I'd be beside myself with curiousity. Hope you find out who the little 'elves' were - so you can play them a funny, too. :)

Molly said...

hmmm. Lottie and I think alike, because my first though was that the fish were a gift from someone with an attack of conscience for having clipped your wires earlier. I know there was a lot of resentment among folks who didn't have power toward those who did and who had their Christmas lights on. Not me! I thought the handful of homes with lights outside were even cheerier than they are when everyone has power.