Sunday, December 17, 2006

Home Warm Home

On this third Sunday of Advent, I'm very grateful to be in my little home, warm and rested. After the windstorm Thursday night, there are still many without power, with big trees lying on and in their houses and other less than restful situations. It's cold now too, but the snow in the picture is gone.

I'll spend the rest of the evening now, in humble appreciation of the little things, writing Christmas cards and drinking my own version of glühwein (probably only as close to the German version as I am at this moment close to Munich where I first tried it! that is... probably not close). Warm wishes to all of you, wherever you are tonight.

5 comments:

Jackie said...

PG - Good picture! I'm glad you survived the wind storm, and have your power. None of my family at home in Washington lost theirs either. The Northwest is really having strange weather this year!

I'm in Arizona for the winter and they have a gourd festival here. I don't know when it is yet, but I'll be going and getting some to make birdhouses when I go home!

Molly said...

Oh, lucky you to have kept your services. We are still without power, water, telephones (both the landlines and the cell towers are damaged). I feel a little like Ma Ingalls, cooking on our wood stove.

Petunia's Gardener said...

Molly, hope you get some relief soon. Do you have a blog too? Where abouts are you?

Jackie, where in AZ is the gourd festival? We visit AZ sometimes around this time of year. I'm sure it would be fun to see.

Anita said...

What a nice little bird house in that tree! I hope your weather conditions will get better very soon!

BTW, I wonder how you made your German Glühwein.... ;-)))

Allotment Lady said...

Great photos you take - just wonderful