Monday, August 28, 2006

We are blessed...

with memories so we may have jolly snowmen dancing in August and sweet roses with winter snow.

But just in case, we have broccoli, peas and beans blanched and stashed in the freezer for the sunless days of January! Oh yes, cherry freezer jam.
This broccoli was planted after the spring crop was done, but I don't seem to have noted the date. Wasn't sure how it would do in this hot summer we've had. These are the 2nd & 3rd heads cut. There are several more plants still working to get to this stage.

6 comments:

Allotment Lady said...

So your brassias don't get hit with the cabbage white butterfly and subsequent caterpillars like ours do then!

I love broccoli. Our youngest grand daughter used to call them trees!

Have a good day.

Sandra said...

Looks like some good eating.;o)

Petunia's Gardener said...

Nothing seems to be bothering these. I wondered if it was because they are late in the season.

clodhopper said...

with memories so we may have jolly snowmen dancing in August and sweet roses with winter snow....I love that....where's it from?

Petunia's Gardener said...

Clodhopper, wish I could say I made it up, but it was on a Christmas card some years ago. The card didn't reference it as a quote from anywhere. I should try those quotation search engines and see if it comes up. Thanks for visiting!

Kati said...

I found your lovely blog via "This Garden is Illegal" and plant to pop back to visit often!