Monday, August 14, 2006

Rain Ready

The new rain barrels (ok, new in March) are installed, thanks to Dear Husband! Now for some rain. He didn't even have to cut the guttering on the barn. Just moved the down spout to a different joint. The new ones are spaced apart due to a pole that kept the wall from being flat enough. The outside covered potting area is on the right side of the picture, 'garden shed' is inside the white framed doors (of the barn).

The garden had a treat when we siphoned empty 2 of the existing white barrels. What a nice, slow soak, especially for the beans. I've been watering pumpkins out of the other two and they are getting empty. Usually this brings about more rain, but just not sure it is going to work this time.

3 comments:

Allotment No 21 said...

OOOhh, I envy those!

Hanna in Cleveland said...

Yeah, me too. Once we get our dry well in, I wonder if I can pester my hubby to put one of thise in. :)

john curtin said...

Ah! Just what I need on the allotment which has no water source. How many gallons will you get!?