Saturday, August 19, 2006

Inspector Petunia

Petunia has been doing an inspection of the garden. Recently, I realized I heard leaves moving that didn't coincide with what I was doing. I'd move, and then I'd hear rustling. I'd move again, and hear more rustling. So I started looking around and spotted Petunia in the herb bed. Had to follow her around the lemon balm and then just quickly point the camera & click. Didn't capture her tail to see if she is really a she, but you know, I don't think either of us wants to get closer to find out.

3 comments:

Allotment Lady said...

I sure hope that she has not got a poisonous tongue - and to think I complain about rabbits.

Maybe she doesn't do much damage - and probably earns her keep eating pests

Salix Tree said...

Oh, I love small snakes. We don't have any here in Ireland. I used to live in Maryland when I was a teen, and was always bringing home green or brown snakes. I was allowed to keep them for one day before returning it to the spot I found it. I liked the green ones, such a lovely color!

kate said...

They are so cute - I love seeing little garter snakes when I'm out walking. I wish I had some in the garden. My dog would like them too ... he always sniffs them and stares at them in wonder.