Monday, August 07, 2006

August=Blackberries

If July was all about cherries, August is going to be about blackberries. We returned home late last night from a trip, but I noticed people picking along the a road this morning on my way to work. So tonight, I checked the status of our blackberry patch(es). A little sweetening still to do, but we'll be picking this weekend so send recipes my way. The rest of the year, I don't have good things to say about them, but they're ok in August. Remember these girls from this post and this one? They followed me out to the blackberries but, unfortunately, they've not developed a taste for the ever growing canes. I'd give up some berries if they'd keep the vines under control.
Still won't pose unless they have their faces down in the grass. Usually, I capture a blurry ear and a glaring red eye.

2 comments:

Christine Ambre said...

I don't have a lot of blackberry recipes, but I thought this one might be good with blackberries. It worked well with the wild berries from my father-in-law's backyard!

http://petiteamericaine.blogspot.com/2006/07/mixed-berry-almond-cake_115422208895624554.html

Enjoy!

Christine Ambre said...

I'm sorry that didn't work. We'll try again.

Mixed Berry Almond Cake