Here are photos from one evening this week since I lost my pictures from last weekend. The square patches of dirt are at the end of each of the two new beds (added to the 2 existing beds plus the herb row). The rest of the new beds are covered with the coffee bean bags as a mulch (since I thought I ALREADY had the photos taken). Yes, I did decide to use the movable fence sections as bean supports. (See last year's photos here)Last weekend, I finished preparing the new beds by digging out loads of rocks & grass roots and digging in somewhat composted sheep straw and other materials. I like using the coffee bags for this stage of the garden as it is easy to move small sections for planting. I'll add straw mulch around plants later. The coffee bags work great for pathway mulches also and cat Emily likes having a carpeted garden to keep her feet dry while stalking moles.
Zucchini in the milk jug mini cloches. Now they've been thinned to ONE plant per jug.
Basil seedlings are coldframe residents now.
And here is the next task. I want to have the birdhouse gourds from DH parent's and sunflowers growing along the fence. And room for the pumpkins to roam in the area away from the fence. (At this point, it may be for NEXT year's plants, though.)
38 minutes ago